Wednesday 22 May 2013

Carmen falls in love

This is going to be a short post, as this is a painful topic for me to talk about. My girlfriend is in love with another!

How did this most horrible event happen? I will tell you. One evening, we were browsing the internet, and whilst doing this we came across a picture of a slim, strong-bodied, athletic looking model, in a very striking pose. Carmen was instantly attracted and no longer had any interest in me whatsoever. Her heart was taken! All she could talk about for the rest of the evening and the next day was this model. She kept dreaming about going out and spending the day together with her ‘baby’ (as she kept saying) and going for a spin together in the countryside. It was like I had become invisible.
What could I do to win her back? How could I even compete? I was heartbroken.


My only consolation was her ‘baby’ was not big enough for her. Not only this, but her ‘baby’ was rather on the expensive side. So, this meant that buying it was probably out of the question (yes we are not talking about a person; I don’t know what would make you think otherwise). We are in fact, if you hadn’t already guessed, talking about a bike. Carmen fell in love with a Dawes Horizon Plus 2012 (a very good touring bike brand), and as much as this pains me to say, it does actually look rather good. See for yourself!

Dawes Horizon Plus 2012 (picture from Dawescycles.com)

So, although Carmen fell in love with another, I don’t think that I will be replaced just yet (I breathe a sigh of relief). But this could well be only short term, as we are currently searching for suitable bikes to help us undertake our challenge in August, as our current bikes would not be up to the task of carrying all our equipment. So I shall have to take each day as it comes and be extra attentive to her, to ensure I am not replaced with a different model. I hope that you all will have your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.